Manages all employee injuries, and coordinates the applicable workers compensation cases, including medical and claims management, in collaboration with the third party administrator (TPA). Identifies and addresses occupational and environmental safety concerns. Maintains regulatory documentation to ensure compliance with OSHA and Joint Commission. Determines when administrative issues are developing and addresses the issue and identifies potential solutions. Oversees the return to work process and the modified work program while ensuring compliance with the Florida Workers Compensation Law, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA). Identifies opportunities for, and contributes to, the improvement of quality, safety and cost, as well as patient, customer and team member satisfacti on. Qualified candidates can email their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Lives Our Promises:
* To treasure all people all uniquely created
* To nurture, educate and guide with integrity
* To inspire each and every one of us to do our very best
2. Develops and promotes Caring Relationships:
* Caring for self
* Caring for each other
* Caring for patients and families
* Caring for communities
3. Exhibits professional conduct and appearance in adherence with all applicable policies.
4. Performs all duties with respect and integrity.
1. People at the Heart of All We Do
* Communicates appropriately with patients, families, team members, and our community in a manner that treasures all people as uniquely created.
* Ensures patients and families have the best possible experiences across the continuum of care.
* Fosters an inclusive and engaged environment through teamwork and collaboration.
2. Safety and Performance Improvement
* Behaves in a mindful manner focused on self, patient, visitor, and team safety.
* Demonstrates accountability and commitment to quality work.
* Participates actively in process improvement and adoption of standard work.
* Demonstrates responsible use of LRH's resources including people, finances, equipment and facilities.
* Knows and adheres to organizational and department policies and procedures.
4. Standard Work
- Injury Reports : Receives, reviews, and analyzes each report of employee injury. Contacts the manager and employee for additional information.
- Case Management : Independently performs case management for all workers compensation injuries, including evaluation of all work related injuries, and coordination and planning of medical care.
- Claims Management : Coordinates benefits and claims management activities with the TPA, including lost time compensation and medical indemnity. Prepares for, and actively participates in, the Quarterly Workers' Compensation Claims Meeting.
- Return to Work : Coordinates and oversees return to work processes and the modified work program for work related conditions, in collaboration with management team. Ensures a safe return to work within the requirements of the Florida Workers Compensation Law, the ADA and the FMLA.
- Outcomes : Monitors, documents, and analyzes workers compensation cases for safety concerns, fraud, quality outcomes, timeliness, potential complications, cost effectiveness of medical services, and appropriate recommendations and referrals.
- Prevention : Leads collection, use, and evaluation of data to make recommendations to proactively prevent workplace injuries. Participates in product selections, trials and implementation.
- Professional Activities : Keeps familiar with all applicable regulatory requirements and ensures organizational compliance with standards, such as those for OSHA, ADA, and Joint Commission.
- Multidisciplinary Coordination : Collaborates with interdisciplinary team including, but not limited to, Talent Division, third party administrators, adjusters, attorney, insurance, managers, facilities, and OSHA officials.
1. Knowledge and Skills
- Clinical Knowledge & Skills : Possess advanced clinical knowledge and skills of the care process including injury classifications, evaluation, diagnosis, treatment, prognosis, rehabilitation, and recovery.