Location Address:9441 Health Center Dr, Land O' Lakes, FL 34637
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Wauchula
Immediate Health Insurance Coverage
Great benefits such as: Educational Reimbursement
Career growth and advancement potential
You Will Be Responsible For:
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Demonstrates through Florida Hospital West Florida Division’s core values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship, and Teamwork as outlined in organization’s Performance Excellence Program.
· Patient satisfaction scores meet organizational goals for HCAHPS.
· Strives to provide excellence in service to hospital staff, patients and families.
· Consistently assumes authority for department activity.
· Acts as JCAHO chapter leader; ensures patient rights activities such as advanced directive are monitored.
· Adheres to regulatory requirements for reporting incidents such as abuse and neglect.
· Initiates ethics consults and family meetings as necessary.
· Demonstrates care for one another and respect for each person’s unique contributions.
· Serves as a clinical role model for staff. Maintains current skills & knowledge base in Case management and Clinical documentation.
· Conducts regular scheduled and as needed staff meetings.
· Prepares and administers performance evaluation for staff.
· Interviews for positions and makes recommendations for hiring and terminating staff.
· Works to have staff retention.
· Ensures new staff receives complete orientation, as well as periodic review of progress toward independence.
· Conducts 30, 60, and 90-day new employee assessment, administers 90-day competency evaluation.
· Appraises and counsels staff to improve performance through meaningful, timely feedback and performance review.
· Consider factors related to patient safety, effectiveness, cost and impact on practice in the delivery of Case Management services.
· Daily oversight of utilization review activities to ensure compliance with Medicare and Medicaid as well as contractual agreements with Managed Care contracts.
· Ensures staff assign working DRG’s to establish geometric mean LOS, collaborate with CDIS staff to update working DRG as needed throughout the patients stay.
· Ensures that weekly outlier meetings and weekly interdisciplinary meeting take place.
· Aware of and educates the staff to remain vigilant in tracking avoidable days, educate how it influences and improves discharge planning practice.
· Initiates the appeal process for any potential denial cases.
· Collaborates with CFO to develop department budget. Monitors reports for variances and creates action plans as needed.
· Operates within designated budget to maintain expenditures within allocated funds, initiates actions to correct or seeks approval to maintain budget variances.
· Utilizes InterQual®ISD & or Milliman criteria to ensure appropriate level of care settings.
· Confers with hospitals medical director as necessary.
· Completes monthly CM scorecard report. Analysis of results, designs action plans with staff to improve scores not meeting benchmark.
· Prepares reports, data, and other analytical materials used in assessing the effectiveness of the department.
Growth & Development:
· Identifies and assists staff to maintain current information on community resources.
· Maintains knowledge of current managed care contracts, federal statutes, regulations and procedures and applies them in performance of review activities.
· Enhances professional knowledge and development through participation in educational programs, seminars, workshops and professional affiliations to keep abreast of latest trends in field of expertise. Demonstrates an ongoing commitment to learn.
· Demonstrates the knowledge and skills required to lead teams in group’s projects and assignments.
· Ensures documentation by case management team is up to date including assessments, reassessments, and insurance communication.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
Individuals must possess these knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to demonstrate that s/he can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
· Application of InterQual® and or Milliman® Criteria set.
· Assessment skills and knowledge application for all ages from newborn to geriatric.
· Assessment of appropriate use of hospital services and care coordination.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Excellent computer skills for data analysis and reporting.
· Ability to function independently and self-direct.
What You Will Need:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
· Three years in Case Management and one year experience at a supervisory/manager level.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· BSN or other health related degree or MSN or health related degree.
· Greater than five years’ experience in Case Management with 3 years’ experience at a LTACH hospital.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Current license of RN in Florida or licensure from another state with verification of application of eligibility for Florida licensure by endorsement.
· LICENSURE OR REGISTRATION in: Case Management or Quality certification such as CCM, CPHM, CPUR, ACM, CPHQ
Manager of Case Management is under the general direction of the COO and has the responsibility for planning, implementing, and maintaining the Case Management department. The Manager is responsible for the daily operations, long term planning and budget of the CM department in accordance with the Utilization Management Plan and department policy and procedures. The Manager is responsible for data management and reporting as mandated by Federal, State and Community regulatory agencies including QIO activities and Corporate required reporting. Personnel management and supervision of case management staff. Fosters cooperative working relationship with members of the Case Management team, physicians and patients to provide quality coordination and progression of care activities including: discharge planning & utilization review.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.
What Information Do We Collect?
When you visit our website you may provide us with two types of information: personal information you knowingly choose to disclose that is collected on an individual basis and website use information collected on an aggregate basis as you and others browse our website.
Personal Information You Choose to Provide
We may request that you voluntarily supply us with personal information, including your email address, postal address, home or work telephone number and other personal information for such purposes as correspondence, placing an order, requesting an estimate, or participating in online surveys.
If you choose to correspond with us through email, we may retain the content of your email messages together with your email address and our responses. We provide the same protections for these electronic communications that we employ in the maintenance of information received by mail and telephone.
Website Use Information
Similar to other websites, our site may utilize a standard technology called "cookies" (see explanation below, "What Are Cookies?") and web server logs to collect information about how our website is used. Information gathered through cookies and server logs may include the date and time of visits, the pages viewed, time spent at our website, and the sites visited just before and just after ours. This information is collected on an aggregate basis. None of this information is associated with you as an individual.
How Do We Use the Information That You Provide to Us?
Broadly speaking, we use personal information for purposes of administering our business activities, providing service and support and making available other products and services to our customers and prospective customers. Occasionally, we may also use the information we collect to notify you about important changes to our website, new services and special offers we think you will find valuable. The lists used to send you product and service offers are developed and managed under our traditional standards designed to safeguard the security and privacy of all personal information provided by our users. You may at any time to notify us of your desire not to receive these offers.
What Are Cookies?
Cookies are a feature of web browser software that allows web servers to recognize the computer used to access a website. Cookies are small pieces of data that are stored by a user's web browser on the user's hard drive. Cookies can remember what information a user accesses on one web page to simplify subsequent interactions with that website by the same user or to use the information to streamline the user's transactions on related web pages. This makes it easier for a user to move from web page to web page and to complete commercial transactions over the Internet. Cookies should make your online experience easier and more personalized.
How Do We Use Information Collected From Cookies?
We use website browser software tools such as cookies and web server logs to gather information about our website users' browsing activities, in order to constantly improve our website and better serve our users. This information assists us to design and arrange our web pages in the most user-friendly manner and to continually improve our website to better meet the needs of our users and prospective users.
Cookies help us collect important business and technical statistics. The information in the cookies lets us trace the paths followed by users to our website as they move from one page to another. Web server logs allow us to count how many people visit our website and evaluate our website's visitor capacity. We do not use these technologies to capture your individual email address or any personally identifying information about you.
Notice of New Services and Changes
Occasionally, we may use the information we collect to notify you about important changes to our website, new services and special offers we think you will find valuable. As a user of our website, you will be given the opportunity to notify us of your desire not to receive these offers by clicking on a response box when you receive such an offer or by sending us an email request.
How Do We Secure Information Transmissions?
When you send confidential personal information to us on our website, a secure server software which we have licensed encrypts all information you input before it is sent to us. The information is scrambled en route and decoded once it reaches our website.
Other email that you may send to us may not be secure unless we advise you that security measures will be in place prior to your transmitting the information. For that reason, we ask that you do not send confidential information such as Social Security, credit card, or account numbers to us through an unsecured email.
How Do We Protect Your Information?
Information Security -- We utilize encryption/security software to safeguard the confidentiality of personal information we collect from unauthorized access or disclosure and accidental loss, alteration or destruction.
Evaluation of Information Protection Practices -- Periodically, our operations and business practices are reviewed for compliance with organization policies and procedures governing the security, confidentiality and quality of our information.
Employee Access, Training and Expectations -- Our organization values, ethical standards, policies and practices are committed to the protection of user information. In general, our business practices limit employee access to confidential information, and limit the use and disclosure of such information to authorized persons, processes and transactions.
How Can You Access and Correct Your Information?
You may request access to all your personally identifiable information that we collect online and maintain in our database by emailing us using the contact form provided to you within the site structure of our website.
Do We Disclose Information to Outside Parties?
What About Legally Compelled Disclosure of Information?
We may disclose information when legally compelled to do so, in other words, when we, in good faith, believe that the law requires it or for the protection of our legal rights.
Permission to Use of Materials
The right to download and store or output the materials in our website is granted for the user's personal use only, and materials may not be reproduced in any edited form. Any other reproduction, transmission, performance, display or editing of these materials by any means mechanical or electronic without our express written permission is strictly prohibited. Users wishing to obtain permission to reprint or reproduce any materials appearing on this site may contact us directly.
We are grateful for your donation and support of our organization. If you have made an error in making your donation or change your mind about contributing to our organization please contact us. Refunds are returned using the original method of payment. If you made your donation by credit card, your refund will be credited to that same credit card.
Automated Recurring Donation Cancellation
Ongoing support is important to enabling projects to continue their work, so we encourage donors to continue to contribute to projects over time. But if you must cancel your recurring donation, please notify us.