The Case Manager reports to the Associate Dean of Students. The incumbent is an integral member of the student affairs team and is responsible for the administration of the students of concern and student conduct processes. Serves as case manager, monitoring incoming cases, their progression, and completion of action plans and/or post-adjudication follow-up. Handles intake of select cases of alleged conduct violations. Oversees weekly meeting of Care Team to address student of concern reports. Prepares statistical reports of students of concern and analyze results. In collaboration with Associate Dean and other Dean of Students staff members, the Case Manager will develop and implement an assessment program. Acts as a resource to students, faculty, and staff regarding the operation of the students of concern policies and procedures. The incumbent is required to be accessible to students and participate in the professional staff on-call duty rotation.
1. Serves as primary resource for managing student issues related to students of concern reports. Responds to walk-in, phone, or via video conference requests for student advocacy. Implements and manages a case management system to coordinate, facilitate, and monitor programs and services available to distressed students. Provides initial intake and response/referral by phone, video conference and/or in person for those connecting with the Associate Dean for follow up, as needed.
2. Oversees weekly Care Team meeting. The Care Team consists of staff from various departments who receive student of concern reports and create response and action plans to meet needs of students.
3. Maintains comprehensive overview of students in distress by collecting, evaluating, and recording pertinent facts pertaining to the student case.
4. Coordinates follow-up and tracking of students in distress as well as students going through the conduct process.
5. Oversees record keeping process for students in distress as well as students going through the conduct process
6. Assists in management of sanction review and updates within Maxient.
7. Assists the Associate Dean in the compilation and distribution of campus and community resources available to students in distress and/or need. Updates and distributes Red Folder to campus community.
8. Provides crisis intervention for students with immediate definable needs such as shelter, food, financial aid, and medication control.
9. Formulates and coordinates interventions to minimize and/or resolve student problems.
10. Develops and presents workshops and training programs that assist University staff and faculty in dealing with problem situations involving students.
11. Performs general office duties, including answering phones, using good customer service, greeting students, parents, families, faculty, staff, alumni, guests and visitors, scheduling appointments, preparing materials, filing, and processing incoming and outcoming correspondence, as needed in support of the Dean of Students office.
12. Coordinates and implements ongoing training opportunities for staff and faculty regarding Care and BIT team protocols, conducts policy and process, and Title IX reporting procedures and follow up.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor's degree in Social Work, Education, Counseling, Psychology or other appropriate field of study required.
2. A minimum of 1-2 years related student affairs, education, or social work experience.
3. Strong administrative and operations management skills.
4. Strong oral and written communications and interpersonal skills.
5. Ability to work effectively with a diverse population of students, faculty, staff and administrators.
6. Willing and able to work non-standard hours as required, including evenings and weekends.
7. Experience with virtual meeting platforms such as Zoom.
8. Previous experience using Word, Adobe, Excel and basic computer programs.
Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory background check. Candidates for hire will be required to sign a waiver authorizing the background check and produce a Social Security Card.
Fairleigh Dickinson University is a center of academic excellence dedicated to the preparation of world citizens through global education. The University strives to provide students with the multi-disciplinary, intercultural, and ethical understandings necessary to participate, lead, and prosper in the global marketplace of ideas, commerce and culture.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. Fairleigh Dickinson University takes affirmative action in support of its policy to employ and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.Please click on this link to view a federal government poster that explains your Equal Employment Opportunity rights http://www.fdu.edu/admin/eh/fedeeo.pdf
What Information Do We Collect?
When you visit our website you may provide us with two types of information: personal information you knowingly choose to disclose that is collected on an individual basis and website use information collected on an aggregate basis as you and others browse our website.
Personal Information You Choose to Provide
We may request that you voluntarily supply us with personal information, including your email address, postal address, home or work telephone number and other personal information for such purposes as correspondence, placing an order, requesting an estimate, or participating in online surveys.
If you choose to correspond with us through email, we may retain the content of your email messages together with your email address and our responses. We provide the same protections for these electronic communications that we employ in the maintenance of information received by mail and telephone.
Website Use Information
Similar to other websites, our site may utilize a standard technology called "cookies" (see explanation below, "What Are Cookies?") and web server logs to collect information about how our website is used. Information gathered through cookies and server logs may include the date and time of visits, the pages viewed, time spent at our website, and the sites visited just before and just after ours. This information is collected on an aggregate basis. None of this information is associated with you as an individual.
How Do We Use the Information That You Provide to Us?
Broadly speaking, we use personal information for purposes of administering our business activities, providing service and support and making available other products and services to our customers and prospective customers. Occasionally, we may also use the information we collect to notify you about important changes to our website, new services and special offers we think you will find valuable. The lists used to send you product and service offers are developed and managed under our traditional standards designed to safeguard the security and privacy of all personal information provided by our users. You may at any time to notify us of your desire not to receive these offers.
What Are Cookies?
Cookies are a feature of web browser software that allows web servers to recognize the computer used to access a website. Cookies are small pieces of data that are stored by a user's web browser on the user's hard drive. Cookies can remember what information a user accesses on one web page to simplify subsequent interactions with that website by the same user or to use the information to streamline the user's transactions on related web pages. This makes it easier for a user to move from web page to web page and to complete commercial transactions over the Internet. Cookies should make your online experience easier and more personalized.
How Do We Use Information Collected From Cookies?
We use website browser software tools such as cookies and web server logs to gather information about our website users' browsing activities, in order to constantly improve our website and better serve our users. This information assists us to design and arrange our web pages in the most user-friendly manner and to continually improve our website to better meet the needs of our users and prospective users.
Cookies help us collect important business and technical statistics. The information in the cookies lets us trace the paths followed by users to our website as they move from one page to another. Web server logs allow us to count how many people visit our website and evaluate our website's visitor capacity. We do not use these technologies to capture your individual email address or any personally identifying information about you.
Notice of New Services and Changes
Occasionally, we may use the information we collect to notify you about important changes to our website, new services and special offers we think you will find valuable. As a user of our website, you will be given the opportunity to notify us of your desire not to receive these offers by clicking on a response box when you receive such an offer or by sending us an email request.
How Do We Secure Information Transmissions?
When you send confidential personal information to us on our website, a secure server software which we have licensed encrypts all information you input before it is sent to us. The information is scrambled en route and decoded once it reaches our website.
Other email that you may send to us may not be secure unless we advise you that security measures will be in place prior to your transmitting the information. For that reason, we ask that you do not send confidential information such as Social Security, credit card, or account numbers to us through an unsecured email.
How Do We Protect Your Information?
Information Security -- We utilize encryption/security software to safeguard the confidentiality of personal information we collect from unauthorized access or disclosure and accidental loss, alteration or destruction.
Evaluation of Information Protection Practices -- Periodically, our operations and business practices are reviewed for compliance with organization policies and procedures governing the security, confidentiality and quality of our information.
Employee Access, Training and Expectations -- Our organization values, ethical standards, policies and practices are committed to the protection of user information. In general, our business practices limit employee access to confidential information, and limit the use and disclosure of such information to authorized persons, processes and transactions.
How Can You Access and Correct Your Information?
You may request access to all your personally identifiable information that we collect online and maintain in our database by emailing us using the contact form provided to you within the site structure of our website.
Do We Disclose Information to Outside Parties?
What About Legally Compelled Disclosure of Information?
We may disclose information when legally compelled to do so, in other words, when we, in good faith, believe that the law requires it or for the protection of our legal rights.
Permission to Use of Materials
The right to download and store or output the materials in our website is granted for the user's personal use only, and materials may not be reproduced in any edited form. Any other reproduction, transmission, performance, display or editing of these materials by any means mechanical or electronic without our express written permission is strictly prohibited. Users wishing to obtain permission to reprint or reproduce any materials appearing on this site may contact us directly.
We are grateful for your donation and support of our organization. If you have made an error in making your donation or change your mind about contributing to our organization please contact us. Refunds are returned using the original method of payment. If you made your donation by credit card, your refund will be credited to that same credit card.
Automated Recurring Donation Cancellation
Ongoing support is important to enabling projects to continue their work, so we encourage donors to continue to contribute to projects over time. But if you must cancel your recurring donation, please notify us.