Pay Range: $67,070 - $108,990 / yearly
- Benefits available for eligible positions include: 100% tuition assistance, wellness initiatives, generous paid time off, paid parental leave, Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program eligible employer, plus more. In addition to our many benefits and perks, UAB Medicine provides a variety of resources to support employees both personally and professionally.
UAB Medicine supports work/life balance. The shift available for this unit is:
- Full-Time Days: five 8-hour shifts per week
To possess overall accountability for daily supervision and coordination of Care Management department processes and work activities for utilization management, care coordination and discharge planning. To provide leadership and management of staff, including performance management review and follow-up, scheduling of personnel, interviewing, hiring recommendations, orientation, and education of staff. To support department operations and enforce compliance with policies, procedures and regulatory agency requirements.
Work with the Best at UAB Medicine:
UAB Medicine is Alabama's largest single-site employer and operates over 1,200 beds and over 200 clinics in Birmingham, Alabama. Our nurses are committed to delivering patient- and family-centric care, and our interdisciplinary care teams provide high-quality, compassionate service. When you become part of UAB Medicine, you join a nationally ranked academic medical center committed to education and advancing medical science through research.
- 5-time Magnet-designated organization
- U.S. News & World Report's Best Hospitals, #1 in Alabama
- America's No. 1 Best Large Employer, Forbes, 2021
- Level I Trauma Center
- NCI-Designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, Comprehensive Transplant Institute, Comprehensive Stroke Center
Our success in patient care, innovation, and education is a direct result of our supportive and inclusive culture, which promotes shared governance and empowers nurses at the bedside to be their absolute best. Whether you are looking to start your career, fast-track your development, or diversify your skills, UAB Medicine offers avenues for advancement that other employers cannot match.