The Registered Nurse (RN) Complex Case Manager (CCM) is responsible for providing case management services for the medically complex inpatients The patient population covered will include significantly complex medical conditions, and/or social-economic and mental health co-morbidities. The goal of the program will be to assist these patients to achieve optimal health and/or independence in managing their care. To achieve this goal the manager will demonstrate and apply knowledge of the philosophy/principles of comprehensive case management, patient-centered, culturally sensitive care coordination and management of complex patients. The case manager will be responsible to develop plans for patient and family self-care competence, including motivational assessment, assessing for desired level of involvement and coaching for adherence to care plan. CCM will provide nursing assessment, create and monitor patient/family care plans, including end of life planning.
Bachelors¿ degree in nursing or related field OR ADN with 5 years of case management experience with BSN completion within 5 years of hire required.
1. Assess the physical, functional, social, psychological, environmental, learning and financial needs of patients.
2. Identify problems, goals and interventions designed to meet patient's needs, including prioritized goals that consider the patient/caregivers goals, preferences and desired level of involvement in the case management plan.
3. Assist with creation of IP care plan including objectives, goals and actions designed to meet patient's needs.
4. Provide appropriate interventions which demonstrate knowledge of and sensitivity toward cultural diversity and religious, developmental, health literacy, and educational backgrounds of the population served. Utilize interpreter services per policy.
5. Assess the patient's formal and informal support systems, including caregiver resources and involvement as well as available benefits and/or community resources.
6. Implement and monitor the IP care plan to ensure the effectiveness and appropriateness of services. Maintain ongoing communication with UR Nurse regarding same.
7. Evaluate patient's progress toward goal achievement, including identification and evaluation of barriers to meeting or complying with case management plan of care, and systematically reassess for changes in goals and/or health status.
8. Research alternative treatment options and selecting and locating appropriate providers which can include facilitation of referrals.
9. Communicates with attending and primary care physician and members of the comprehensive care team regarding status of patient.
10. Utilize motivational interviewing skills to build patient engagement in case management plan of care.
11. Provide education, information, direction and support related to care goals of patients.
12. Act as a patient advocate and assist with problem solving and addressing any barriers to care or compliance with care plan.
13. Coordinate care and develop treatment plans.
14. Provide referrals to appropriate community resources; facilitate access and communication when multiple services are involved. coordinate discharge services to avoid duplication.
15. Maintain accurate patient records and patient confidentiality.
16. Measure outcomes and effectiveness of case management including clinical, financial, quality of life and patient/family satisfaction.
17. Engage in professional development activities to keep abreast of case management practices and patient engagement strategies.
18. Facilitate disease prevention and health promotion with patients and families
19. Determine psychosocial needs & complex medical needs of all patients
20. Troubleshoots problems regarding operational and clinical procedures that may affect patient outcomes.
21. Attend mandatory training sessions and staff meetings as assigned.
22. Participate in prospective, concurrent, and retrospective case reviews involving targeted patients.
23. Identify risk factors and teach patients clear pathway of response to identified triggers
24. Promote patient and family responsibility and self-management
25. Document all relevant information following department policy guidelines.
26. Maintain knowledge of operational procedures and case management program components.
27. Promote chronic disease management concepts, health screening and preventive health initiatives for targeted patients
28. Participate and promote appropriate performance improvement projects Program Development:
29.Assist with the collection, analysis, and benchmarking of utilization data.
30. Collaborate in the development of protocols and guidelines for patient care management.
31. Adhere and uphold Beebe Healthcare's Mission, Vision and Values and Performance Standards
32. Other tasks as assigned
Location: Hospital-Main Campus
Shift : Flexible-hours/shifts may vary depending on department needs
Beebe Healthcare serves the Sussex County community with a medical center located in beautiful, historic Lewes, Delaware, and convenient outpatient locations throughout the county. Founded in 1916 by two physician brothers, Drs. James Beebe and Richard C. Beebe, the medical center in Lewes is a 210-licensed-bed, not-for-profit seaside community hospital. Beebe's specialized service lines include cardiac and vascular, surgical services, oncology, women's health, and orthopaedic services. Beebe offers an array of inpatient, outpatient, emergency, and diagnostic services.
Beebe's five satellite campuses offer imaging, physical rehabilitation, and lab services, as well as walk-in care centers. In addition, Beebe offers Wound Healing & Hyperbaric Medicine and Diabetes Management & Medical Nutrition Therapy.
With a mission to serve the community, Beebe also offers many free screenings and outreach programs through its Population Health Department; and advanced medical care for those who are recuperating at home through Beebe Home Care Services.
Beebe is also training the next generation of nurses through the Margaret H. Rollins School of Nursing, located behind the Medical Cente...r in Lewes.
Beebe's Medical Staff has grown tremendously since the early 1990s. Employed physicians through Beebe Medical Group and our affiliated physicians on Beebe's Medical Staff now serve patients from Milford to Millville in specialties including cardiac surgery, dermatology, endocrinology, family practice, gastroenterology, general surgery, internal medicine, pediatric neurology, and surgical oncology.
Beebe is proud to offer quality care, close to home for the residents and visitors of Sussex County.
What Information Do We Collect?
When you visit our website you may provide us with two types of information: personal information you knowingly choose to disclose that is collected on an individual basis and website use information collected on an aggregate basis as you and others browse our website.
Personal Information You Choose to Provide
We may request that you voluntarily supply us with personal information, including your email address, postal address, home or work telephone number and other personal information for such purposes as correspondence, placing an order, requesting an estimate, or participating in online surveys.
If you choose to correspond with us through email, we may retain the content of your email messages together with your email address and our responses. We provide the same protections for these electronic communications that we employ in the maintenance of information received by mail and telephone.
Website Use Information
Similar to other websites, our site may utilize a standard technology called "cookies" (see explanation below, "What Are Cookies?") and web server logs to collect information about how our website is used. Information gathered through cookies and server logs may include the date and time of visits, the pages viewed, time spent at our website, and the sites visited just before and just after ours. This information is collected on an aggregate basis. None of this information is associated with you as an individual.
How Do We Use the Information That You Provide to Us?
Broadly speaking, we use personal information for purposes of administering our business activities, providing service and support and making available other products and services to our customers and prospective customers. Occasionally, we may also use the information we collect to notify you about important changes to our website, new services and special offers we think you will find valuable. The lists used to send you product and service offers are developed and managed under our traditional standards designed to safeguard the security and privacy of all personal information provided by our users. You may at any time to notify us of your desire not to receive these offers.
What Are Cookies?
Cookies are a feature of web browser software that allows web servers to recognize the computer used to access a website. Cookies are small pieces of data that are stored by a user's web browser on the user's hard drive. Cookies can remember what information a user accesses on one web page to simplify subsequent interactions with that website by the same user or to use the information to streamline the user's transactions on related web pages. This makes it easier for a user to move from web page to web page and to complete commercial transactions over the Internet. Cookies should make your online experience easier and more personalized.
How Do We Use Information Collected From Cookies?
We use website browser software tools such as cookies and web server logs to gather information about our website users' browsing activities, in order to constantly improve our website and better serve our users. This information assists us to design and arrange our web pages in the most user-friendly manner and to continually improve our website to better meet the needs of our users and prospective users.
Cookies help us collect important business and technical statistics. The information in the cookies lets us trace the paths followed by users to our website as they move from one page to another. Web server logs allow us to count how many people visit our website and evaluate our website's visitor capacity. We do not use these technologies to capture your individual email address or any personally identifying information about you.
Notice of New Services and Changes
Occasionally, we may use the information we collect to notify you about important changes to our website, new services and special offers we think you will find valuable. As a user of our website, you will be given the opportunity to notify us of your desire not to receive these offers by clicking on a response box when you receive such an offer or by sending us an email request.
How Do We Secure Information Transmissions?
When you send confidential personal information to us on our website, a secure server software which we have licensed encrypts all information you input before it is sent to us. The information is scrambled en route and decoded once it reaches our website.
Other email that you may send to us may not be secure unless we advise you that security measures will be in place prior to your transmitting the information. For that reason, we ask that you do not send confidential information such as Social Security, credit card, or account numbers to us through an unsecured email.
How Do We Protect Your Information?
Information Security -- We utilize encryption/security software to safeguard the confidentiality of personal information we collect from unauthorized access or disclosure and accidental loss, alteration or destruction.
Evaluation of Information Protection Practices -- Periodically, our operations and business practices are reviewed for compliance with organization policies and procedures governing the security, confidentiality and quality of our information.
Employee Access, Training and Expectations -- Our organization values, ethical standards, policies and practices are committed to the protection of user information. In general, our business practices limit employee access to confidential information, and limit the use and disclosure of such information to authorized persons, processes and transactions.
How Can You Access and Correct Your Information?
You may request access to all your personally identifiable information that we collect online and maintain in our database by emailing us using the contact form provided to you within the site structure of our website.
Do We Disclose Information to Outside Parties?
What About Legally Compelled Disclosure of Information?
We may disclose information when legally compelled to do so, in other words, when we, in good faith, believe that the law requires it or for the protection of our legal rights.
Permission to Use of Materials
The right to download and store or output the materials in our website is granted for the user's personal use only, and materials may not be reproduced in any edited form. Any other reproduction, transmission, performance, display or editing of these materials by any means mechanical or electronic without our express written permission is strictly prohibited. Users wishing to obtain permission to reprint or reproduce any materials appearing on this site may contact us directly.
We are grateful for your donation and support of our organization. If you have made an error in making your donation or change your mind about contributing to our organization please contact us. Refunds are returned using the original method of payment. If you made your donation by credit card, your refund will be credited to that same credit card.
Automated Recurring Donation Cancellation
Ongoing support is important to enabling projects to continue their work, so we encourage donors to continue to contribute to projects over time. But if you must cancel your recurring donation, please notify us.