Pay Range: $15.00 - $21.15 / hour
- Increases are made through merit-based programs, certifications, and our Technician Retention Step-Program.
- Benefits available for eligible positions include: 100% tuition assistance, wellness initiatives, generous paid time off, paid parental leave, Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program eligible employer, plus more. In addition to our many benefits and perks, UAB Medicine provides a variety of resources to support employees both personally and professionally.
Full Time Day Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm
Location: TKC or Quarter Back Tower
Work with the Best at UAB Medicine:
UAB Medicine is Alabama's largest single-site employer and operates over 1,200 beds and over 200 clinics in Birmingham, Alabama. When you become part of UAB Medicine, you join a nationally ranked academic medical center committed to education and advancing medical science through research.
- U.S. News & World Report's Best Hospitals, #1 in Alabama
- America's No. 1 Best Large Employer, Forbes, 2021
- Level I Trauma Center
- NCI-Designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, Comprehensive Transplant Institute, Comprehensive Stroke Center
Our success in patient care, innovation, and education is a direct result of our supportive and inclusive culture. Whether you are looking to start your career, fast-track your development, or diversify your skills, UAB Medicine offers avenues for advancement that other employers cannot match.
- Serving as a liaison between the patient, the clinic pharmacist, and the outpatient pharmacy
- Performing benefits investigation
- Collaboration with our clinic pharmacists to obtain prior authorizations
- Assisting patients with the enrollment and utilization of financial assistance programs
- Processing prescription orders and third party payer claims
- Performing longitudinal patient follow-up along with all necessary documentation for accreditations
- Performing and documenting medication reconciliation
- Providing excellent customer service