Location: Marina Del Rey, California
Internal Number: HRC1263286
Make a difference every single day!
When the work you do every single day has a crucial impact on the lives of others, every effort, every detail, and every second matters. This shared culture of compassion, teamwork, integrity and dedication pulses through Cedars-Sinai Marina Del Rey Hospital. Working with a team of world-class healthcare professionals you'll have everything you will need to do something incredible-for yourself, and for others. Join us, and support our community with the highest quality healthcare!
As an RN Case Manager - Emergency Dept., you will be responsible for the coordination and implementation of case management strategies pursuant to the Case Management Plan. You will plan and coordinate the care of the patient from pre-hospitalization through discharge, and work with all members of the health care team to assure a collaborative approach is maintained in care and treatment of the patient.
Additional Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participates in a multi-disciplinary care team
- Reviews care and treatment for appropriateness against screening criteria and for infection control, quality services for continued stay and through discharge.
- Responsible for screening new admissions for status/level of care and for assisting with out of network patient transfers.
- Assesses the discharge planning function in conjunction with the social worker for appropriate transition or home care services and needs.
- Participates in education on and implementation of clinical guidelines and protocols to comply with patient care quality and safety measures.
- Provides or arranges patient teaching as appropriate.
- Meets with patients and families to assist with patient care planning.
- Works closely with social workers to integrate psychosocial management of patient/family needs.
- Participates in performance improvement activities, frequently attending and participating in performance improvement team efforts.
Hours: 1900 - 0730
- Associate's Degree in Nursing, Minimum
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Nursing, Preferred
- Current CA Registered Nurse Licensure, Required
- Certified Case Manager CCM or ACM, Preferred
- Minimum of two (2) years of case management experience (preferred) or Three (3) years of acute hospital experience (required)
RN Case Manager, Per Diem, Emergency Department, 12-hr, Nights, 7PM-730A Business Entity:
Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey HospitalJob Category:
Patient ServicesPosition Type:
Per DiemBase Pay:
$65.60 - $65.60