All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day Oneâ¯
Paid Days Off from Day Oneâ¯
Student Loan Repayment Programâ¯
Whole Person Wellbeing Resourcesâ¯
Our promise to you:â¯â¯
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind, and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.â¯â¯
Schedule: Full Time Shift:â¯ Days
Location:2325 S DOWNING ST, Denver, 80210
The role you'll contribute:
· Under general supervision of the Director and/or Manager of Case Management, in collaboration with the patient/family, social workers, physicians and interdisciplinary team, the RN Case Manager ensures patient progression through the continuum of care in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
· The RN case manager is responsible for identifying, initiating and managing optimal patient flow/throughput to enhance continuity of care, smooth and safe transitions, patient satisfaction, patient safety and length of stay management. Support and expertise are provided through comprehensive assessment, planning, implementation and overall evaluation of individual patient needs. Care coordination, utilization review and management, as well as discharge planning are accountabilities of this role.
· Education is provided to physicians and other members of the team on the issues related to utilization review including inappropriate admissions and placements. Payer-based requests regarding individual members are fulfilled, where appropriate and pertinent.
· The Case Manager adheres to departmental and organizational goals, objectives, standards of performance and policies and procedures, continually ensuring quality patient care and regulatory compliance. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Ability to communicate effectively with diverse populations
· Interpersonal skills that promote teamwork
· Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
· Effective organizational skills
· Proficiency in the daily use of standard office equipment such as computer, phone, fax, pager, copier etc. and skill in utilizing Microsoft Word and Outlook tools
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
· Superior clinical skills to determine appropriate clinical and other information for medical necessity reviews and identify appropriate mechanism to address delays or variation for expected care practices.
· Significant knowledge and understanding of availability of community and post-acute resources and related payer requirements.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Associates Degree in Nursing
· Minimum of two years’ recent acute care experience
· Minimum of an additional two years’ experience in healthcare related fields
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· BSN and/or Master’s degree in Nursing
· Minimum of two years of case management experience and a minimum of one year of experience in discharge planning in an acute care setting highly desirable.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Current valid State of Colorado or multi state license as a Registered Nurse
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
· Case Management certification highly desirable – ACM (Accredited Case Manager), CCM (Certified Case Manager), RN-BC (Board Certified in Case Management)
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.
What Information Do We Collect?
When you visit our website you may provide us with two types of information: personal information you knowingly choose to disclose that is collected on an individual basis and website use information collected on an aggregate basis as you and others browse our website.
Personal Information You Choose to Provide
We may request that you voluntarily supply us with personal information, including your email address, postal address, home or work telephone number and other personal information for such purposes as correspondence, placing an order, requesting an estimate, or participating in online surveys.
If you choose to correspond with us through email, we may retain the content of your email messages together with your email address and our responses. We provide the same protections for these electronic communications that we employ in the maintenance of information received by mail and telephone.
Website Use Information
Similar to other websites, our site may utilize a standard technology called "cookies" (see explanation below, "What Are Cookies?") and web server logs to collect information about how our website is used. Information gathered through cookies and server logs may include the date and time of visits, the pages viewed, time spent at our website, and the sites visited just before and just after ours. This information is collected on an aggregate basis. None of this information is associated with you as an individual.
How Do We Use the Information That You Provide to Us?
Broadly speaking, we use personal information for purposes of administering our business activities, providing service and support and making available other products and services to our customers and prospective customers. Occasionally, we may also use the information we collect to notify you about important changes to our website, new services and special offers we think you will find valuable. The lists used to send you product and service offers are developed and managed under our traditional standards designed to safeguard the security and privacy of all personal information provided by our users. You may at any time to notify us of your desire not to receive these offers.
What Are Cookies?
Cookies are a feature of web browser software that allows web servers to recognize the computer used to access a website. Cookies are small pieces of data that are stored by a user's web browser on the user's hard drive. Cookies can remember what information a user accesses on one web page to simplify subsequent interactions with that website by the same user or to use the information to streamline the user's transactions on related web pages. This makes it easier for a user to move from web page to web page and to complete commercial transactions over the Internet. Cookies should make your online experience easier and more personalized.
How Do We Use Information Collected From Cookies?
We use website browser software tools such as cookies and web server logs to gather information about our website users' browsing activities, in order to constantly improve our website and better serve our users. This information assists us to design and arrange our web pages in the most user-friendly manner and to continually improve our website to better meet the needs of our users and prospective users.
Cookies help us collect important business and technical statistics. The information in the cookies lets us trace the paths followed by users to our website as they move from one page to another. Web server logs allow us to count how many people visit our website and evaluate our website's visitor capacity. We do not use these technologies to capture your individual email address or any personally identifying information about you.
Notice of New Services and Changes
Occasionally, we may use the information we collect to notify you about important changes to our website, new services and special offers we think you will find valuable. As a user of our website, you will be given the opportunity to notify us of your desire not to receive these offers by clicking on a response box when you receive such an offer or by sending us an email request.
How Do We Secure Information Transmissions?
When you send confidential personal information to us on our website, a secure server software which we have licensed encrypts all information you input before it is sent to us. The information is scrambled en route and decoded once it reaches our website.
Other email that you may send to us may not be secure unless we advise you that security measures will be in place prior to your transmitting the information. For that reason, we ask that you do not send confidential information such as Social Security, credit card, or account numbers to us through an unsecured email.
How Do We Protect Your Information?
Information Security -- We utilize encryption/security software to safeguard the confidentiality of personal information we collect from unauthorized access or disclosure and accidental loss, alteration or destruction.
Evaluation of Information Protection Practices -- Periodically, our operations and business practices are reviewed for compliance with organization policies and procedures governing the security, confidentiality and quality of our information.
Employee Access, Training and Expectations -- Our organization values, ethical standards, policies and practices are committed to the protection of user information. In general, our business practices limit employee access to confidential information, and limit the use and disclosure of such information to authorized persons, processes and transactions.
How Can You Access and Correct Your Information?
You may request access to all your personally identifiable information that we collect online and maintain in our database by emailing us using the contact form provided to you within the site structure of our website.
Do We Disclose Information to Outside Parties?
What About Legally Compelled Disclosure of Information?
We may disclose information when legally compelled to do so, in other words, when we, in good faith, believe that the law requires it or for the protection of our legal rights.
Permission to Use of Materials
The right to download and store or output the materials in our website is granted for the user's personal use only, and materials may not be reproduced in any edited form. Any other reproduction, transmission, performance, display or editing of these materials by any means mechanical or electronic without our express written permission is strictly prohibited. Users wishing to obtain permission to reprint or reproduce any materials appearing on this site may contact us directly.
We are grateful for your donation and support of our organization. If you have made an error in making your donation or change your mind about contributing to our organization please contact us. Refunds are returned using the original method of payment. If you made your donation by credit card, your refund will be credited to that same credit card.
Automated Recurring Donation Cancellation
Ongoing support is important to enabling projects to continue their work, so we encourage donors to continue to contribute to projects over time. But if you must cancel your recurring donation, please notify us.